Photo credit: Jordan Fischer from Chicago [CC BY]
The Chicago Symphony Orchestra (CSO) has announced its 2020-2021 programming schedule. A press release, including a full schedule of events, can be found here.
The schedule is extensive, as it includes touring events as well as concerts at venues other than Symphony Center. Highlights include:
- Concert for Chicago (free)
- Muti Conducts Beethoven Missa solemnis
- Amadeus Live (CSO Performs the score to the movie)
- China NCPA Orchestra
- Once Upon a Symphony: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens In Concert
- The Princess Bride In Concert
- Merry, Merry Chicago!
- Vienna Boys Choir: Christmas in Vienna
- Dvořák New World Symphony
- Chinese New Year Celebration
- Her Story: Celebrating the Centenary of Women’s Right to Vote
- The Carnival of the Animals
- Muti, Rachvelishvili & Chicago Symphony Chorus
- Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis
- Zakir Hussain and the Masters of Percussion
- George Hinchliffe’s Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain
- The Wizard of Oz in Concert
- Itzhak Perlman In the Fiddler’s House
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind in Concert
To keep up with all of CSO’s performances and events, visit its website or sign up for its mailing list.